Monday 20 February 2012

INNER HEALING

The concept of 'inner healing' was first introduced to me in the Catholic Charismatic Group in St. Mary's Church in Dubai. I had begun attending church after several years of being an atheist (Secretly practised of course!). I'm talking of 1990, a year after I'd landed in Dubai.

There was an inner healing session announced for the next week and i was looking forward to it for some reason. I was carrying a lot of 'luggage' with me that i needed to shed. Someone had advised that an inner healing is the best way to make peace with myself and with God.

When i attended the meeting the next week, the blessed sacrament was exposed in the hall where the meeting was being held and one of the core group members was leading the worship. I clearly remember the one scripture that helped me open my heart to Jesus that night - "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me" (Rev. 3:20)

That night as the leader led us into a deep meditation which took me back into my mother's womb and Jesus started cancelling out all the bad effects of any thoughts and emotions of my mother that may have effected me. Every recollection of past occurrences which were causing me guilt and pain were revisited and Jesus helped me forgive and let go the person who had caused the pain. Where I'd caused the pain to others, i asked for forgiveness and resolved to repair the relationship at a later time. By the time i was brought back to the present, i was feeling like a new creation. Jesus had not only healed me spiritually but also bodily (I discovered that some of my long-term illnesses like asthma had also disappeared miraculously!).
I'm recollecting all this because i came across someone who was burdened with guilt just like how i was and i could help this person. By sharing this 'inner healing' technique with others who may need the 'release', you will have done a great act of love!

Jesus is alive and ever-ready to erase all that you thought was unpardonable. He is waiting patiently at the door of your heart. WHY DON'T YOU LET HIM COME IN?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!