And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God - Romans 12:2
I could see the 'life coach' using some Biblical concepts to drive home his message of hope without referring to the need for God's grace and power over our life!
The power of 'faith confession' was reduced to a mere 'mantra' that had to be repeated over and over again - "IT'S POSSIBLE!"
For what it is worth (And yes, in the worldly sense it is!), i will note down a few tips Les Brown left me with:
- What is it that you need to discover, that you lack, to be a winner.
- Re-adjust your strategy to achieve your dream until it works for you.
- Operate from your 'imagination' and not from your 'memory'. Ignore that 'inner conversation'!
- 'That's the way it was last time' will destroy you!
- Don't get even ... stay ahead!
- Be relentless in your focus.
- When 'Murphy's Law' comes to visit you (And be sure it will!), remind yourself again and again ... IT'S POSSIBLE!
- Get creative to get what you want.
- No matter how hard it is or how bad it gets, I'M GOING TO MAKE IT!
- Go after what's yours in the universe.
- You need to work with people who see the advantage in working with you (Work with people who think like you)
- 'Refusing to settle for anything less' is the mother of all invention!
- People are dying not from what they eat but rather from what eats them!
- If you don't programme yourself, life will programme you!
- Don't have a limited vision.
- Get better at what you do - CONSTANTLY!
- What others think about you is their own business! Don't make it yours!
- It's not over until i win!
- It's going to be HARD! EASY is not an option! When you get through it, it only prepares you for bigger and better things.
- Keep on watering your dream. Remember the Chinese bamboo? You don't see anything coming out of the ground until 5 years of watering the ground and then it grows 90 feet tall in just 5 weeks!
- Harder the battle, sweeter the victory.
- PASSION - You must love what you do!
- If it's worth it you will do it (e.g. something that saves our children is worth it surely?)
- Keep on 'keeping on'. It is done before it happens!
BUT AFTER READING ALL OF THE ABOVE, THE BIBLICAL WAY IS THE MORE EXCELLENT WAY!
PROVERBS 3:5,6 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.