Tuesday 28 February 2012

'COME AND SEE!'

If the future of the Christian faith depended on you, how long would it last? You met Jesus Christ because someone shared their faith with you; has the sharing now reached a dead-end?
There was a time when i'd get embarassed to talk to anyone about Jesus. Thanks to the Word Of God and the deep conviction i now have about the TRUTH of the Gospel! Sometimes a single line from the Bible is able to send me into a meditative trance that lasts for hours!
 When Andrew met our Lord, there was something in Jesus that made his heart burn with conviction.
Andrew was able to share with Peter what he had already experienced of Jesus Christ. There was something about Jesus that convinced Andrew he was the long-awaited Messiah, something that sent Andrew running to find Simon, to grab him by the lapels and to say, "You've got to meet this man; we have found the Messiah."

The author of the Gospel doesn't tell us what that "something" was, but from my own experience I can make a pretty good guess. I learned a little over three years ago that there is nothing I can do to make myself acceptable to God. I also learned there is nothing I have to do, because Jesus has already done it. Jesus accepts me, not because of who I am or what I do, but because of who he is and what he has done for me. Who is he, and what has he done for us?

 "Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world," says John the Baptist. "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God," says Simon Peter. John wrote, "We know love by this, that he laid down his life for us."

I now firmly believe that there is no sin you will ever commit that you can't share with Jesus because he promised to forgive every shred of it. There is no act so heinous that will make him turn his back on you, for he asked forgiveness, remember, even for those who drove the nails through his hands and feet.
The Bible calls it GRACE, and grace is nothing more nor less than God's unmerited, undeserved, unlimited, unfailing favour, offered to every living being. The Apostle Paul wrote, "By grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God “not the result of works, so that no one may boast."  
I’ve realised for myself that BEFORE I AM to be a WITNESS for Christ…
There Is A Commitment In Salvation - Before anyone can witness, they must know what they are talking about! They have to be saved before they can share!
There Is A Confidence In Salvation - They must have their salvation 'nailed down'. When there is a lack of confidence in one’s own salvation, there will be a lack of power in one’s witness.
There Is A Clear Testimony Of Salvation - They must think their own salvation experience through in detail. Only then can they tell others what has happened in their lives.
Our most powerful illustration of salvation is our own personal experience with the Lord Jesus Christ! A successful soul winner must have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!