Tuesday 16 October 2012

RIB-TICKLED!

The nagging pain in my ribs (and a bored mind needing some diversion) made me ask myself the question about how many ribs a person had and i went on the net to check. When i saw the x-ray images and learnt that there were 24 ribs, i thought I’d check how many ribs women would have and was shocked to see that they too had 24! Of course i was confused as i was expecting to see one rib less in man! I went straight to the Bible and asked the Holy Spirit to reveal to me the truth about the passage from Genesis 2:20
But for Adam, no suitable helper was found. So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and brought her to the man.
(Genesis 2: 20b - 22, NIV)
At first I did not understand where the missing rib went but then as I mulled over it more and more, the Holy Spirit revealed it to me! Notice what this verse doesn’t say. It doesn’t say anything about how many ribs Adam had before or after this “surgery,” and neither does it say anything about how many ribs Eve had! Nowhere does it say that Eve had more ribs than Adam!
 So I believe that if she was created “second”, God made her with the same number of ribs as the new, reduced number that Adam now had!
Wouldn’t it really be more logical to guess that God might have created her with the same number of ribs as Adam just to avoid confusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!