Wednesday 2 November 2011

YOUR MIND IS THE BATTLEFIELD!

In Mat 4, Jesus is put to the test by the tempter! What is really interesting to note there is that Jesus combats temptation with scripture!

Earlier this year, i experienced a young girl being delivered from being possessed by an unclean spirit. What was supposed to be a simple prayer visit, ended up into a full blown deliverance case! Truly, i was in no way prepared for what ensued there!

Initially, when we entered the house, the 'Man of God'(MOG) who i (and another lady) accompanied, calmly sat beside the bed on which the young girl was sleeping. I was waiting for the MOG to begin praying but he made no sound! I looked at him but he quietened me with a finger on his lips. The girl was nudged awake by her mother. Slowly, she sat up at the edge of the bed and clutched a bible tightly against her bossom. Still, the MOG made no sound! Then the girl opened the bible and started reading. It was going pretty well upto here and i sat comfortably on the bed as there was no chair for me to sit on. As she went on reading non-stop from the bible, the MOG suddenly stopped her and told to read a particular passage and she just wouldn't read it! The girl suddenly spoke in a man's voice, "I am going to kill her". At that moment, every hair on my body stood up in fear! I was petrified! The same happened to the others in the room (I was told later!). Seeing this, the MOG immediately said to us, " You have the living God in you, no evil can enter you".

Strengthened by those words, i kept praying in tongues. The MOG began the fight with the girl's mind, telling her again and again to stop listening to the other voice and to listen to him only. After several minutes of getting the girl to focus on what he was saying, the MOG made her declare that her soul belonged to Jesus and Jesus alone!. The girl after a long while managed to declare it. It was at this moment that the MOG jumped out of his seat and started commanding the evil spirit to get out and to go to the place that God had prepared for it, since the girl had declared Jesus to be her Lord and saviour. The girl stopped moving like a snake, stopped rolling her eyes into her sockets and stopped speaking in a man's voice ... soon she collapsed, tired.

The battle was won. The combat took place with scriptures and the battlefied was the mind of the girl. It was a lesson well learnt by me!

I have a very scripture that i say every now and again and it strengthens me in times of temptations. I'm sure it will help you too:

"I AM THE BODY OF CHRIST AND SATAN HAS NO POWER OVER ME. I AM OF GOD AND HAVE OVERCOME SATAN!"

Whenever you are overcome with fear, keep repeating Isaiah 41:10,11 and you will feel the warmth of the father's embrace and you will slip into a deep trance. One of the translations i use, goes like this:

DO NOT FEAR, I AM WITH YOU
DO NOT BE AFRAID, I AM YOUR GOD
I WILL HELP YOU AND STRENGTHEN YOU
I WILL PROTECT YOU AND SAVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!