Sunday 30 October 2011

I SURRENDER ALL !

... And they all sang the hymn with much gusto today. Zac had completed the message for today (His second of the series of four, in Dubai). I Just stood there with tears in my eyes, tongue-tied! Todays message tore through my heart and stabbed me several times. God's WORD is a force to contend with!
For the first time in my life i realised that i was giving without hurting. Whenever i gave to God, i always gave out of the excess that i had. There was no sacrifice in the giving!

[Luke 21:1] As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. [2] He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. [3] "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. [4] All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

What does that teach me? NEVER TO OFFER TO GOD WHAT COST ME NOTHING!

For the first time in my life there were many things said in Zac's message that felt like God speaking directly to my heart. For example, the following hit me really hard:

NOT WHAT YOU GAINED
BUT WHAT YOU GIVE
MEASURES THE WORTH
OF THE LIFE YOU LIVE.

If say i am a Christian, i have to answer to Phil 2:5-In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Am i living as Christ lived? Am i serving my purpose to build his church?
Am i taking up my cross and following Him?

600,000 Israelites were redeemed from their harsh Egyptian masters, but only two entered the Promised land!

THE LIGHT OF A SINGLE GOOD BULB IS BETTER THAN HAVING A 1000 FUSED BULBS!

Some day soon, i want to sing that hymn I SURRENDER ALL with full conviction invmy heart that i've run my race well. I've decided to live a true Christian life at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!