Tuesday 25 October 2011

AN UNNECESSARY DETOUR!

This afternoon, I was on a site visit to Aquadventures at Atlantis Hotel on the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. I was to meet our Indian Clients there, to conduct a case study of the waterpark. I was blest with an open road, hardly any traffic to hinder me in my progress. But then I received a phone call and that slight distraction made me turn into a wrong road! Soon, to my chagrin, I was crawling bumper to bumper in a traffic jam! It took me a good frustrating half hour to get back onto the right road again! The rest of the evening went off very well and I thanked God for it!
So what lesson did I learn from all this?
Often, in our spiritual journeys, we cruise along a path that is full of blessings but suddenly there comes a distraction and in that split second, we go astray. Although we realize we have made a mistake,  it still takes us some time to get back onto the right track! … Moreover, in retrospection, we know we could have avoided the mess!
St. Paul says to the Galatians in chapter 5 verse 7and 8," You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you"

So when the evil one knocks, send Jesus to the door!

Furthermore, St. Paul in verses 22 to 24 says," But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
We are all called to live a life in the spirit. For the sinful distractions are contrary to the Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!