Friday 26 April 2013

A MEMORY WORTH CHERISHING



 
 
 
At midnight I will turn 47 and my mom who is visiting her three sons in Dubai handed over the above two articles to me at lunchtime today. The first is a medal with a rusty pin and a tarnished image which appears to be some sort of a casket being held up by two angels (Or could it be The Last Supper table?) AND the second one is a heavy gold ring which barely fits my pinky!
 
So what's so special about the two objects?
 
My mother handed me the medal requesting me always to pray for Sister Aurelia and her team of Hospice sisters. It so happens, I was born a blue baby with the umbilical cord twisted 4 times around my neck. I was given up for dead by the doctors but Sr. Aurelia unclipped the above medal from her garment and placed it on my chest and lead the rest of the sisters in prayer. She prophesied over my life and interceded for my survival. It took a whole hour for the doctor to detect a heartbeat but I did live and now I'm testifying to the fact that my heart has stayed ever strong to this day!
 
The second object is part of an inheritance that I received from my father. I knew nothing of what it looked like until today! My mother always mentioned to me that my father had left me a ring before he died but I would never remember to ask for it whenever I've been to Goa on holiday. She handed it to me today reminding me that before the four of us (brothers) started working, we had nothing in terms of land or house. All that my father could leave behind for each of us was a gold article each. The ring is a reminder of my parents' great sacrifice in order that their four sons would receive the best education. My father died some 22 years ago. He lived long enough to see their sacrifice beginning to bear fruit but not long enough to see the Lord bless us with property, houses, children etc. I believe he continues to see those from a different realm that we're all yet to comprehend - Eternity!
 
I look back at my life today and I reflect on the countless mercies I've received from God undeserved by me. Every thing that I've received from the Lord has been very good and perfect gifts! Every day I experience His unfathomable grace in my life. I may change but He never does - He is a picture of faithfulness! He always lifts me up when I fall and shines his love-light on me when I'm discouraged.
 
Who else do I have, to go to, but you Lord ... you're all I have, to turn to, because you are always there with me as promised in Mat 28:20
 
ENCOURAGE YOURSELVES IN THE LORD THROUGH HIS HOLY WORD!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!