Sunday 11 November 2012

THE ROSEBUD


This morning i came across this beautiful poem that made me think of God's plan for me in my life:
"It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine."


"The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
GOD opens this flower so easily,
But in my hands they die."


"If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design,
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?"


"So I'll trust in God for leading
Each moment of my day.
I will look to God for guidance
In each step along the way."


"The path that lies before me,
Only my Lord and Savior knows.
I'll trust God to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose."


The Spirit of God immediately connected me to Jeremiah 29:11!
BUT First, recognize that this promise is to believers ONLY.
Do you believe?
Jesus says, “Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you.”
Have you done that? If not, will you do it?
God’s promise through David is, “A broken and contrite heart you will not despise.” So fall down broken before Him!
And then, all of us, all believers:
Seek His face! Be His people and then be part of His plan! Delight in Him, and He will fulfill the desires of your heart.
As you do that, God will give you ‘shalom’(Peace). Your shalom on earth may include earthly goods. It may not. In any event, we are aliens and strangers here and our hope is not in this world. Rather, our hope is Jesus Christ Himself!
So delight in Him! Seek His face! And know the shalom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!