Thursday 14 June 2012

A Christian's "SECRET WEAPON"

Deep down in my heart i know that the key to transforming myself from an ordinary Christian to a Spirit-Filled Christian is through scripture memorization and meditation. Not only will this build my relationship with God but also with other people. The benefits would be many, such as:
  • Inspiring my friends to memorize scripture by instantly reciting scripture confidently, without faltering.
  • Teach my kids to do it ! (Great for 'bonding' too!)
  • I would always be equipped with scriptures locked in my memory to be recalled when teaching God’s word in a Bible study group
  • I would be able to defend my faith when someone questions my faith in Christ simply by quoting powerful verses in the Bible.
  • I would be able to powerfully defend my faith in Christ by flawlessly quoting powerful Bible anytime someone questions my faith
  • I would be able to hear His voice more clearly and know His divine will for me
  • I would have a consistent daily prayer and Bible reading, without even needing a Bible!
  • I would be closer to God more than ever before
Here's what great men of God have said about memorizing scripture:

"I am convinced that one of the greatest things we can do is to memorize Scripture."- Billy Graham

"I know of no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding, practically speaking, than memorizing Scripture...No other single exercise pays greater spiritual dividends! Your prayer life will be strengthened. Your witnessing will be sharper and much more effective. Your attitudes and outlook will begin to change. Your mind will become alert and observant. Your confidence and assurance will be enhanced. Your faith will be solidified." - Chuck Swindoll
"Scripture memory is a habit that most Christians have never even tried, but getting your members to hide God's word in their hearts brings personal revival and renewal" - Rick Warren

"I had then already read and taught the sacred Scriptures most diligently privately and publicly for seven years, so that I knew them nearly all by memory" - Martin Luther King Jr.
So my brothers and sisters in Christ ... would you like to start with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!